is the earliest motion picture film of a thylacine known to exist.
It was taken on 27th September 1911 by a Mr. Williamson at the Beaumaris
Zoo (Sandy Bay site). It depicts a thylacine feeding on a cut of
meat, watched through the enclosure fence by both its keeper (Charlie Newman)
and Mrs. Mary Grant Roberts, the zoo's founder (woman in a long black dress
visible to the far left at the beginning of the sequence).
On the same day, a Mr. Tucker took a series
of photographs of the zoo's thylacines.